Founded in 1941, the Eames Office produced many significant pieces of furniture over the years. Charles and Ray's final contribution was the Eames Sofa. Introduced in 1967, the three-seat sofa features a low profile and black leather upholstered cushions on the seat, back, and arms. The plush padding is attached to a back and frame made from solid wood and hand-finished with gunstock oil, while polished aluminum legs and arms provide support. A mid-century icon, the piece is a combination of comfort, durability, and modern design.